Bathroom extractor fan issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Friend is buying a bungalow which last year was totally renovated.

One thing she spotted was that the bathroom extractor fan goes into the attic but doesnt vent to the outside.

She checked outside. Nothing. So, obviously they just vented it into the attic! Not good.

Can it be vented through the roof as no room for a soffit vent...ta

Sponsored Links
Yes it just needs to be vented through suitable tile vent, you'll need to know the type of tile. You should consider a condensation trap for the duct too.

Roofs tend to leak if they have holes in, so if going that route, get an experienced local roofer.

My preference is for a rigid duct through a gable wall, with a slight slope so any condensation runs outside.

Sponsored Links
Roofs tend to leak if they have holes in, so if going that route, get an experienced local roofer.

My preference is for a rigid duct through a gable wall, with a slight slope so any condensation runs outside.

Proper roof vents have trickle vents to let out any rain that gets in them. I have looked at some online. I reckon i could do the job.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back