bathroom extractor fan issues

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have 2 extractor fans in the house I have just moved into..one in the bathroom and the other in the en suite. Both are vented thru the ceilings. The bathroom extracts well but the ensuite actually blows air into the room when switched on which i assume it should not do. Removing the grill just seems to show the vent ducting and not the unit itself . Is the unit faulty or has the unit been fitted incorrectly and if so can it be remedied easily....
DIY amateur here

Sponsored Links
It is probably an in-line fan with the unit mounted the wrong way round.

Go in the loft, locate the unit (in the middle of two lengths of ducting) and see if there is an arrow on the unit.

If so, it must be pointing towards the outlet, not the shower.

Hey thanks for that reply...It has probably been like that since the house was built but now is working correctly thanks to you :D . Albeit I have a sore head after cracking it on a joist :!:

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back