Bathroom Extractor Fan questions?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What is the best position for an extractor fan in my en-suite bathroom? The room is approximately 0.8m wide by 3.5m long (pretty small). One end of the room is a shower, the other end the toilet, in the middle a sink. Entrance door is in front of the sink in the middle. Its basically a T shaped room but I have not included the little area on the bottom of the T shape in my sizes above.

The toilet is on the outside wall and this has a small window above it. However, I think I will still need an extractor fan to remove moist air. I am not sure where the best place to fit the fan. Is it:-

(a) Directly above the shower in the ceiling with a duct in the loft to take the air outside
(b) Just above the window at the opposite side of the room from the shower

In addition to this, what size of fan (rate of extraction if you like) do I need.

Thanks

Steve

Sponsored Links
Is the far end the closest/only outside wall?

The problem with running ducting in the loft is that you can get condensation forming inside it in cold weather.

I'd go for the outside wall, and fit a reputable make 6" jobbie.

What sort of shower is it?

Yes, the wall farthest from the shower is the only outside wall. I see what you mean about the ducting, I will go for the 6 inch fan on the outside wall as you suggest.

The shower is a 10kW electric.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back