Extractor fan and toilet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just been to DIY shop and bought a mains operated extractor fan.
I believe it is IP4 rated.

The fan is going in a room which only has a toilet and a sink. Does this room still have zones?

I want to put it above the toilet (on the wall). How high above the toilet does it have to be to be in zone 3?

The fan will have a double pole isolation switch, does this have to be in the same room and if so which zone should this be in?

Also does this room have to have an extractor fan?

Any help would be appreciated. I am aware that all of this work in notifiable.

Cheers,

Chris

Sponsored Links
I've just been to DIY shop and bought a mains operated extractor fan.
I believe it is IP4 rated.
It will be IP#4 or IP4# - there are always two digits.

The fan is going in a room which only has a toilet and a sink. Does this room still have zones?
No.

I want to put it above the toilet (on the wall). How high above the toilet does it have to be to be in zone 3?
There are no zones. I suggest you fit it high enough to avoid splashing.

The fan will have a double pole isolation switch, does this have to be in the same room and if so which zone should this be in?
There are no zones.

It's best if it is in the room.

Is double pole enough? The fan isn't a timed overrun one?

Also does this room have to have an extractor fan?
Not if it has an opening window or if a fan wasn't required when it was built, but whatever, you can still have a fan if you want.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back