Bathroom Extractor Fan Wiring

If you wish to look at it that way, yes. But wouldn't it be both convenient and safer to work on your fan with the lights on? ;)

Also, should you sell up and move on, the presence of a dedicated fan isolator, situated where it can be seen and used, means a new owner can replace the fan without the detective work of figuring out how it is supplied.

Sponsored Links
Good points well made. One final question as you seem to know what you're talking about. One other guy asked this question but didn't get a straight answer...If I'm connecting the fan to a lighting circuit do I have to fit a FCU? I know it would be desireable but do I have to for the unit to be safe? If I do, do you know of any kind of FCU that can be used in the bathroom environment to prevent me having to dig channels in walls etc outside?

Thanks for all your help!

Many thanks for all your help. This is a great forum. Very few give real answers and certainly not this quickly. I build websites for a living and this is good work. Well done!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back