Bathroom extractor fan

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

I am replacing my through the wall bathroom fan with an in line fan as I redecorate the bathroom. I have a large well ventilated roof void, 10m x 6m, is there any reason, other than the occasional small amount of extracted moisture, that I cannot vent the bathroom into the roof void. This is a small en-suite bathroom, used daily, but only has a shower etc., and no bath.

Thanks in anticipation.

Sponsored Links
I have no idea if theres a regulation or not preventing this ......

But You & I both know thats a Carp idea ....... Vent it outside ..... Or don't fit one at all :eek:

Thanks guys,

yes I know its not good, just easy! Also there is the issue of penetrating asbestos soffit, which, although I have done it (v. carefully) for my other bathroom, it was not easy. Also access to the soffit is barely enough to take even rectangular ducting. On that matter, does anyone know of a suitable duct outlet to connect through the soffit to rectangular ducting? I was unable to find a suitable one 2 years ago.

Sponsored Links
Fit a mushroom roof tile vent and connect this to the extractor fan with flexible ducting.

On a couple of rewires I was doing for the council in a bathroom with no windows or other method of ventilation the fan vented into the wall cavity :confused:

Seen some strange stuff doing rewires

Thanks ,

yes I looked at previous posts on this subject, and prefer the soffit route despite its drawbacks. I don't fancy the roof tile for aesthetic reasons, also the requirement for a condensate trap and outlet. If there is not a proprietary brand of rectangular outlet that will fit, - the soffit is very narrow - then I'll steal the vent of a hit & miss and wire it in place as last time. Can't vent into the cavity due to wall filled with insulation, also no wall is near the fan outlet, the nearest gable is 5 metres away!

Thanks again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back