Bathroom Extractor Fan

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning! I am currently looking for an extractor fan for our bathroom which must be loft-mounted as out walls are very thick stone and drilling the vent hole will be a nightmare! Also, we've got a three-quarter storey (think that's how it's described) upstairs so a wall-mounted fan would be quite low.

I've seen a Vent Axia fan (ACM 100T) from Screwfix for £145 which seems quite expensive, but it looks to be quieter than the competition. Would this size be alright? Our bathroom is normal height and about 2 metres by 4 metres with the roof coming in on half the width.

What sort of extraction rate should I be going for in a room this size?

Thanks in advance! David

Sponsored Links
Building regs say you can't have one in your bedroom and thats for a good reason. You are taking breathing are from a room that someone sleeps.
I know that they are in ensuite bathrooms and this is much the same space but its not a good idea.
What are you trying to achieve by this?

Err, who mentioned putting a fan in a bedroom? Did I miss something?

Sponsored Links
Hi, the extractor fan will be in the bathroom, which is accessed from our landing and is not an en-suite. The vent to outside may be in the loft above the bedroom so the hose has no kinks but the fan will not take any air from the bedroom.

I'm just wondering what extraction rate I should be going for....

Thanks in advance, David

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back