Bathroom extractor through tile-hung dormer?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

I'm in the middle of a loft conversion at home, dormers are on, roof is tiled, structure signed off, floor and partitions are going in.

But I'm a bit confused as what to do about extraction in the bathroom?

Its a bit limited on roof space, and I didn't really want to climb back up there to install roof vents :(

Has anyone fitted an extractor through a Tile Hung Dormer wall?

so it would go:-

Plasterboard --> Celotex --> 12mm ply --> tile and batten

Is there such a cowl that would do this? I cant seem to see any examples of it....

Pointers appreciated... :D

Sponsored Links
Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Google "roof tile accessories" & I am sure you will see what you need. There isn't any real difference between going through a pitched roof & vertical wall with hung tiles. A normal exterior cowl will be ok once you are through.

Sponsored Links
Cheers guys! - the roofer said the dormer was to small to get a tile vent in... not sure why... I thought it was just a case of taking one tile out and swapping it for the vent? :confused:

The soffit and fascia are pretty small but I've seen a slimline vent that I was going to have another look at to see if I can get that to fit.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back