Bathroom fan heater installation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone have installed a bathroom fan heater yourself? or is it advisable to get an electrician to install it for you? If electrician install, does the electrician drill holes and mount it for you?

Is it okay to install the fan heater at 45 degrees angle? Due to the tiny bathroom, I cannot install the fan heater directly above where I need it to blow. I am thinking if I angle it at 45 degrees, it will be able to deliver the warm air to shower exit, where I need it the most.

Any other tips you'd give for heating bathrooms?

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Anyone have installed a bathroom fan heater yourself?
Yes.

or is it advisable to get an electrician to install it for you?
It sounds like it would be advisable.

If electrician install, does the electrician drill holes and mount it for you?
Yes.

Is it okay to install the fan heater at 45 degrees angle? Due to the tiny bathroom, I cannot install the fan heater directly above where I need it to blow. I am thinking if I angle it at 45 degrees, it will be able to deliver the warm air to shower exit, where I need it the most.
That would be down to the manufacturer's instructions.

Any other tips you'd give for heating bathrooms?
If it is in a relatively warm building (not really draughty) then a heated towel rail may be adequate.

Thank you for your quick and detailed reply.

I downloaded the install instructions and it seems it must be fitted horizontal. :(
https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Technical/DataSheets/Dimplex/DXFX20VL.pdf

We do have a towel rail and it had been turned up to maximum. But it only heats the bathroom to the same temperature as the rest of the house. As a result, still feel cold when coming out of a hot shower. I'm hoping directed warm air will fix that feeling.

As a result, still feel cold when coming out of a hot shower. I'm hoping directed warm air will fix that feeling.
I don't think it would.

That would require the room to be at the same temperature as the water, 40°C ?

Sponsored Links
As a result, still feel cold when coming out of a hot shower. I'm hoping directed warm air will fix that feeling.
I would have thought that blowing air, even warm air, onto a wet body would cause the wetness to evaporate and therefore cool the body ('latent heat' and all that). After all, that's how dogs cool themselves down - by blowing warm air (from their lungs) over their wet tongue.

Once you've dried yourself, the fan heater ought to make you feel warm, but, as above, I suspect that until you are dry, it could well make you feel cooler/colder.

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back