bathroom fan

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone advise if a low voltage fan which is to be wired from a lighting circuit needs to fed from a fused connection unit. The instructions with the fan say it does.

The fan has an overrun timer fitted and is being wired via a 3 pole isolating mk fan switch. I am also incorporating a separate switch in the circuit next to the light switch, outside the bathroom to turn the fan on and off independent of the bathroom lighting.

Am I correct in saying the fcu need only be when the supply is taken from the ring main?

Sponsored Links
DARTHVADER said:
Can anyone advise if a low voltage fan which is to be wired from a lighting circuit needs to fed from a fused connection unit. The instructions with the fan say it does.

Am I correct in saying the fcu need only be when the supply is taken from the ring main?

Best to go with the manufacturers instructions and provide the means of isolation.

Ps may the force be with you :D

OK Chivers, thanks for that. Thats another back box to sink then!! for a non switched fcu. I take it this is still fine to do given it will be on a lighting circuit? They recommend a 3 amp fuse.

Sponsored Links
DARTHVADER said:
OK Chivers, thanks for that. Thats another back box to sink then!! for a non switched fcu. I take it this is still fine to do given it will be on a lighting circuit? They recommend a 3 amp fuse.
Can't you do this in the loft?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back