bathroom fans 12v or 240v

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone tell me which is best 12v or 240v extractor fans in the bathroom. Zone 1 IpX 4 or 12 v. I beleive Ipx4 is zone 1 rated. Which one will be the best and quietest for the job.

Sponsored Links
If you fit a 230V fan into zone one yes it will have to be IPX4 but it will also have to be protected by a 30ma RCD

I would suggest you compare the specs of two examples readily available - Airflow and noise levels respectively....
Neither fans will have brrushes so the noise will be in the design of the bearings and blade efficiency.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the fan info I have installed a IPX4 with humidistat pull switch and 30ma trip. Do I need a 2 pole switch as well or will the buttons on the RCD be enough to isolate it.
Also I want to put a 2 pin socket in there. can someone tell me the requirement for that. I understand if I put that through the trip as well it could cause problems.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back