Bathroom floor tiles, advice

D

diane1

hi, my bathroom tiles were obviously fitted badly as they wont keep grout in the gaps, have read all the threads about why this happens etc.
lifting the tiles is not an option at the moment, sooooooooooooo
is there any reason (and it would have to be a really good one) why i shouldnt fill all the grout lines with a water proof sealer? for cosmetic purposes??

look forward to reading the replies
;)

diane

Sponsored Links
No, but the sealant would bind to the loose grout and could work free over time - why don't you dig the grout out, you can buy grout removers to fit into electric drills - Screwfix do them - and then regrout with a flexible grout for your type of floor

If your floor hasn't been properly prepared, using flexible grout will still crack. Having said that, if your tiles are still stuck firmly then it might be that whoever tiled the floor just didn't use flexible adhesive, in which case you might be ok. If your tiles are firmly fixed, I'd be looking at trying some Bal superflex grout. If that cracks up, you need to look at firming up the floor.

;)

thanks for that guys, im going to go with the sealant thing just for cosmetic purposes and its dead quick!!
i know for a fact the floor was prepared correctly as it was my ex husband that did it!!
theres no way i can remedy any of this right now so im off the squirt the sealant!
cheers!

diane :)

Sponsored Links
;) hey grumpy gcol....it wasnt a waste of 2 peoples time! i asked a question and got an answer
certainly not a waste of time!

aw....u need to chill man!...lol!

im grateful 4 the advice, just coz i choose to ignore the bulk of it is my problem..........dont u think??

diane

Well that was a waste of two peoples' time. Good luck with the siliconing. :rolleyes:

makes you wonder if its worth bothering GC!

asked the question, then decided to go against all answers anyway :LOL:

:cry:

im sorry ive made you soooooo sad gcol!
my actual question said if there was a really good reason not to use sealant, but u guys didnt come up with one
sooooooooo u answered my question eh!

now come on, there must be something better for u to do on a saturday night than this????

u could be doing what im doing.....you could say those 3 words a girl loves to hear................add to cart..............haha

what more can i say??
if u ever need advice on which chocolate to buy or which soap 2 watch, dont hesitate to ask

xx ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back