White Square Bathroom Floor Tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

Im looking for some floor tiles for our bathroom.
I simply want some fairly standard white square plain tiles. Living in Uxbridge there are all the standard DIY shops and the Topps tiles and all that, or there's online shops. Where should I go? Price is pretty important, as its all getting a little tight.

Also been reading on here that white grout is a bad idea. If I have standard white tiles should I go for cream grout?

Thanks for all advice

chris

Sponsored Links
I'd recommend getting them from a place where you can actually walk away with them, so that you can take a good look at the finish.
A low res picture can make cheapo rubbish look good. Topps seem to be pretty good on price too.

I don't have a problem with white grout. I assume you've been told to stay away from it because it get's dirty quick?
On a wall, no probs, but I guess I can see where you're coming from with floor tiles. It is a bathroom though, so not likely to be wearinbg outdoor shoes in there. I think cream grout would just look dirty straight away! Just my personal choice though.

thank for helpful insights.
I don't think the future is grey, at least not in the bathroom where the tiles are white, perhaps in the kitchen the future will be grey where the tiles are going to be slate.
Good advice about actually seeing the tiles. Ill head off tomorrow, see what I can find.

Thanks

chris

Sponsored Links
Grey grout with white tiles look fine. And they'll look a damn sight finer than white or ivory grout after a few months. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back