Tiles for Around Bath and Basin, Adivie on my order?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

We had our bathroom skimmed over 7 weeks ago. I have not yet applied a miss coat of paint to the walls and celling as I was planning on doing that once the tiles are fitted around the bath and basin as people on here suggested that's the best way to fix the tiles direct to the skimmed area.

So I am now ready to order everything and I wanted to know if I missed anything from my list or if any products are not correct.

Area to tile is around 2.1 sqm but I will order 3sqm so I have some spare.

30 x Brighton White Wall Tile 248x398 (Thickness 8.25mm)
1 x Mapei Primer G 1KG
1 x Mapei Ready Mixed Bathroom Wall Tile Adhesive (D2) 15kg
1 x Mapei Ultracolour Plus White (100) 5kg Flexible Wall/Floor Grout
or Mapei Kerapoxy White 2kg Epoxy Grout
1 x Tile Spacers 3mm Pack Of 250
2 x Tiletrim Chrome Square Edge 12mm
Mapesil AC White (100) Silicone 310ml
2 x Rubi Professional Sponge

1 x DIY Grout Float
1 x 8mm Square Notched Trowel

With regards to my list of items I have some questions

1, Does the wall skim need to be primed with Mapei G or can I tile without using this?

2, I was not sure on which grout to use. Some suggest epoxy which I have never used and others say Flexible Wall/Floor Grout

3, Is 3mm a standard tile spacer to use as its a small bathroom

4, Is Chrome Square Edge ok to use around the length of the top of the tiles and how do I work out which size to order. Above I have said 12mm but they stock a few sizes.

Chris

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back