Bathroom floor tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
How long before i can walk on the tiles? i need to know so i can plan it between the missus' toilet breaks!! :eek:
and how long before i grout?

is the 'do it in one day' stuff any good?
thats the stuff that lets you tile and the grout within 2 hours.

Sponsored Links
Depends what you stuck them down with!

rapid set will be OK in about 3hrs for light use, if you used a premixed "wooden floor" type adhesive then 48hrs plus.

Jason

i'm struggling to find any flexible rapid set for wooden floors... does it exist or do i have to add the flixible additive...
failing that is there any flexible rapid set ready mixed around.?
i cant wait 48 hours for it to dry before walking on it. i have 6 month old baby and need the bath everynight, as well as the loo etc... :eek:

Sponsored Links
Thanks jason.
btw do you own shares in BAL...!!!! how expensive.
in the end i bought BAL FastFlex two part (with the polymer) £60 for a 7.5kg bag and the liquid.
the other stuff was £50 but not as flexible, this stuff dries like rubber. :D
nice and easy to lay tho.
i also bought WJ grout and a bottle of GT1.
best decision? :?:

Sounds like you went to topps tiles :LOL:

It's still a lot cheaper than having to redo the job six months down the line, you won't regret it.

Jason

question for you. (hopefully today)
i have tiled the main areas of the bathroom with the fastflex two part.
I know i can grout after 3 hours.
The areas of the bathroom that are nontrafficed ie the edges (all the cut tiles) i'm thinking of just using cheap ready mixed flexible. What i'm consious of is wasting a whole packet of £60 fast flex to just do 1.5m2 of tiles.
The issue is this. I'm off on business for a week in a few days. If i finish the room in fastflex i can grout before i leave and the missus will have a finished floor.
if i use the cheaper stuff (face it EVERYTHING is cheaper) it says i cant grout for 48 hours min.
What would happen if i grout after 24hours so the room is finished. Bear in mind there wont be any 'traffic' on the cut tiles. Will the adhesive ever dry? or will i end up ruining a good job?
I'm going to grout using BAL wide joint grey and GT1 additive.
(ultimately i'm trying to save myself £50) :p

and yes i did go to Topps :p .. no where else around here!

Should be OK, the cheap adhesive will be firm within 24hrs so the tiles won't move about while you are grouting. Any moisture still in the adhesive will be absorbed into the wood.

Jason

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back