Bathroom Floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, advise needed regarding tiling a bathroom floor. The bathroom suite is already installed, so should we remove the bath panel and shower tray panel and tile under or just tile upto the panels and seal with silicone..........? Thanks.

Sponsored Links
some things to bear in mind;

you should not tile direct onto floorboards (boards will move, tiles will lift or crack, the way round it is to screw something like marine ply to the floor screwed at 8 inch centres then tile

how ever this causea a rather tall problem, say the marinne ply is 10mm thick, the tiles another 5mm your floor is now 15mm taller than it was, bath panel now wont fit.

not to mention what are you going to do when you need access to the pipes (alterations, leak)

i suggest lino, or stick down tiles, as they are thinner, we opted for lino in bathroom stick down tiles in kitchen

Cork tiles are quite good in bathrooms, they are not

I have just retiled my bathroom floor with Heuga carpet tiles.
They are more expensive than most, but do a better job in my opinion.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back