Bathroom Floor?

JtB

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
I'm about to re-decorate my bathroom and the first thing I intend doing is ripping up all the old floor tiles. Due to flexing of the floor, most of the tiles have cracked since they were laid about 7 years ago. I don't want to lay floor tiles again as I know they will only crack again within 6 months, so what options do I have? My wife's preference is for a wooden (laminate?) floor as she really does not want carpet tiles, carpet or cushion flooring. My concern with wooden flooring is that it might not be able to stand up to the extreme damp of a bathroom (when my kids have a bath, the floor usually ends up getting a good drenching). Does anyone have any suggestions as I'm not really sure where to start.
Many thanks,
JtB.

Sponsored Links
out of curiosity would you know if there is a plywood sheet under the tiles, as i belive you are supposed to put this down first.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back