Bathroom install by DIY novice.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thought id taken alot on, its taken weekends and evenings since june to get to just about complete, just one or two little jobs to finish.

Anyway thought id show you what ive managed to do, with the help of everyone on here.

Sponsored Links
Nice job. But whats with the wall left of the toilet? Did the previous owners make the room smaller? The studding exposed looks old though, so there was a void between the two? Its not quite clear whats happened there.

The wall to the left of the toilet was part of an old re-organisation of rooms upstairs. I wanted to make the bathroom slightly wider so I removed the original wall and re-used the wood in a new wall off the next joist, about 14 inch i think it was. you can see the old tile line and radiator pipes in some of the old pictures.

The original change left a silly alcove about 8 inch in the bedroom, so it also meant that i lost this and built it straight of the chimney. making it look less of a chopped up room

I also built a small stud type wall where the toilet is to make it square upto window level. and a further partition for the walk in shower.

This is only part of a full renovation i am doing on the house, its a large victorian terrace, Ive done the living room, dining room, hallway and 2 bedrooms in my spare time since last may, doing everybit of the work myself, when i get the chance i'll put some of my other efforts on as well!!

Sponsored Links
Nice job. I know how these jobs can drag on when you work full time too. Great to see you've kept motivated.
Top result.

Good job. Looked a labour of love, but well worth the effort.

Looks great, its amazing how half way through when its all trashed you start to think it will never get done, but in the end, after a lot of hard work and busy weekends you can stand back and say that's a good job :D

Nice job, especially if your not in the trade.

Always been a fan of using scored tiles in that fashion, they look great!

People often talk about how much value you add to a house when doing a re-furb but when you do it yourself and the finish is that good then it is priceless.

Well done, excellent job.
(Should keep you in the wifes good books for a good while, ;) )

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back