Bathroom refit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all
I'm refitting my bathroom, All will be replaced in situ and same place apart from the bath has a shower mixer tap and i'm planning on replacing this with a bath hot/cold water supply and a thermostatic shower above with its own supply.
Cold is mains fed and hot water is a closed system with expansion vessel. Cold feed is 15mm and hot is 22mm I think is 22mm is left over from when the system was changed from a tank system.

Few questions....
1 Can i split the current supply to the bath mixer and use it for the new shower and bath feed? See my (poor) image below
1694969249397.png

Second question is the "tap end" is currently just boxed out to hide the soil vent pip. Assuming no issues added a shower and the pipe work to this?
1694969322819.png

Sponsored Links
Also the feed to the hot bath tap isn't that great pressure wise if other hot tap is on. Is the solution a shower pump to boost pressure?

Yes ,you can tee into the existing bath supplies for shower.
How do you intend to get the pipe work into the false wall ( boxed in part) ,are you planning to re tile ?
If your hot water is from an unvented cylinder ,under mains pressure, you should have good pressure hot water ??

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the reply.
Yes the false wall will be taken down, pipework all added then wall replaced and whole bathroom retiled.

I did think it should be good pressure as well. I'll have a look at the system

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back