Bathroom SELV extractor operation

Agreed. If I chose the 60 seconds overrun set up then the fan would just be used in a different way, finish using the bathroom, turn fan on, go and do other stuff for ten minutes then come back and turn it off. I wouldn't rely on one minute being enough to clear a room of steam. It's not an optimal solution as it relies on remembering to turn it off after the desired operating time, but it would do the job.
I'm a bit lost. If you feel that the fan needs to be on for 10 mins (or whatever) to clear the room of steam, why not set the timer delay to 10 mins, rather than setting it to 60 seconds and then have to do (and remember to do) the switching manually to get the 10 minutes running?

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
Agreed. If I chose the 60 seconds overrun set up then the fan would just be used in a different way, finish using the bathroom, turn fan on, go and do other stuff for ten minutes then come back and turn it off. I wouldn't rely on one minute being enough to clear a room of steam. It's not an optimal solution as it relies on remembering to turn it off after the desired operating time, but it would do the job.
FGS why?

Why not use the fan in the way it is meant to be used, instead of all that *)"&$^#@ing about?

What's the room going to be like for the person using it if they don't turn the fan on until they've finished?

The switch has already purchased.
Then un-purchase it, or buy another one, if it isn't suitable.

There's nowhere in the bathroom that I can place the switch that is outside of the zones.
You've got nowhere more than 60cm from the shower/bath?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
It was in reply to my questioning why it had to be in zone 2.
I realise that, but what BAS's post "actually said" implied that being within 60cm of a bath/shower would be 'outside zones', didn't it? I presumed that he's forgotten to type a "not".

Kind Regards, Not

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back