Bathroom shower fan

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:evil: I currently have a light in my bathroom operated from a single switch, I would like to add a showerlight which is inside a extractor fan and would like the fan/light to bre controlled off a seperate switch - can anyone help

Sponsored Links
Providing the new shower light/fan is IP rated for that environment, take the supply from the existing light rose to the new light/fan. You'll need to add another pull switch.

I assume you know how to wire up a light/fan? You didn't specify exactly what you wanted to know...........................

JerryD Thanks for your reply, what I really want is my exsisting bathroom light to work as normal and would like to add a extractor fan/light inside my shower cubicle, I would like the normal lights to come on by one switch outside the bathroom and would like another switch outside to control the fan. can I use the one suply to power both lights or do I need to feed it from somewhere else. Any help as to where the connections go would also be of help. As you will have guessed lights are not my strong subject.

PS the fan has a timer

Sponsored Links
Del240v said:
As you will have guessed lights are not my strong subject.
Then I respectfully suggest you strengthen them before doing anything.

PS the fan has a timer
In that case you will need to supply the fan with both switched live and permanent live, and go via a 3-pole isolation switch.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back