Wiring in a bathroom extractor fan

Sponsored Links
OK - position the temperature switch where any hot water use triggers the fan, then it will come on when he finishes and washes his hands.

Once I looked into making an H2Sstat - one that would turn a fan on automatically to vent noxious odours. I concluded that the human nose was far more sensitive than commercial hydrogen sulphide sensors and it would probably never operate.

What about installing a pir to activate the fan. Can you get a photocell type that wouldn't work after dark.

Sponsored Links
What about installing a pir to activate the fan. Can you get a photocell type that wouldn't work after dark.
They usually work the other way around! ... but I suppose it's not impossible that such an animal exists.

Kind Regards, John

Or just put a b****y pull switch in and rely on the Mk I Organic Decision Making Processor to decide when to pull the string.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back