new shaver / light socket

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
there is no shaver socket in the backroom and only a pull light cord switch outside, there is a extractor fan inside the bathroom above the sink.

can i spur from the extractor fan and run a fused spur to a new shaver / light socket?

Sponsored Links
Shaver/light fittings usually run from the lighting circuit so the usual method is to pick up the feed from the bathroom light. The fan would be OK assuming it has a permanent live and neutral available. No need for an FCU.

Dont forget that you will also have to make sure the bonding is up to scratch and that you must tell the local authority before you do the work as all electrical work in a bathroom is notifiable,.

Shaver/light fittings usually run from the lighting circuit so the usual method is to pick up the feed from the bathroom light. The fan would be OK assuming it has a permanent live and neutral available. No need for an FCU.

Dont forget that you will also have to make sure the bonding is up to scratch and that you must tell the local authority before you do the work as all electrical work in a bathroom is notifiable,.

This is a joke, You can connect gas legally in your own home but cant touch a shaver socket. LOL

i would of liked to take the feed from the cieling rose in the bathroom but i know our joist run the wrong way so i cudnt of fed the wire to the wall without having to hack into the cieling after every joist.

i will check and see if the extrator has a permanent supply (it should because my last extractor stayed on after the light was switched off

Sponsored Links
Och aye
tartanberet.gif

;)

will i have to use 2.5 t&e or will 1.5 be ok?

Yes, we have electric up here now! I was only posting so other members who may be looking at this would know that the rules up here are better, sorry different.

Its hard to know where 'up here' is. Your profile just says United Kingdom!

To arcintl. The size of cable will be determined by the fuse protecting it!
Assuming your lighting circuit has 6A fuse/cb then 1.5 is fine.

Its hard to know where 'up here' is. Your profile just says United Kingdom!

To arcintl. The size of cable will be determined by the fuse protecting it!
Assuming your lighting circuit has 6A fuse/cb then 1.5 is fine.

the lighting is on 5a mcb with 2 radial circuits on each

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back