Bathroom sink waste pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am moving the downstairs bathroom sink several feet along the wall beneath the window...i was planning to use the existing waste pipe but wondered what the best way was to run it past the existing outside tap pipe ? shown in the photo on the wall beneath the window going through the wall. Would it be okay to dog leg it above the tap pipe...so down from trap, across top of tap pipe and then down again into existing waste pipe)?

Attachments

• 20190529_125654.jpg
    20190529_125654.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 121
Sponsored Links
You could ,but will it not run in front of the copper pipe instead ? It would look less unsightly low down where you could then " box it in ".

i think youre right..i was thinking it would stick out a bit too far from the wall but i will put the sink in place and then try and do what you suggest...thanks for the suggestion :)

Slighty trickier but why not run the waste along wall and go over the waste pipe using a copper crossover for the tap pipework?

Sponsored Links
Your plan sounds fine, bends are better in the vertical plane. Keep it tight top the top of the water pipe, and it will be easier to disguise should you want to.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back