Bathroom tiling and vinyl flooring - I need help please!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I am in the middle of renovating my bathroom, in the old layout the room was only tiled around bath and sink with plain walls and skirting on the rest. I have removed the old skirting etc as I want to tile all the way round floor to ceiling and have tile effect cushion/vinyl with no skirting.

I just wanted to know whats the best way to do this, ive had a few ideas:

1. Leave half a tile all around bottom, install hardboard and vinyl floor and then finish off tilling down to the vinyl?

2. finish the tiling and then have the hardboard and vinyl installed up to the tiles?

3. Use some sort of trim around to finish it off?

Any help with other ideas or how a pro would do it would be greatly appreciated! :D

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Do all your tiling first and then vinyl after. Whoever cuts the vinyl in will do it tight up to the tile so no trim needed. The depth of the vinyl and ply will cover any cut edge on the tile. Depending how wet you expect the floor to get, you can use a small bead of clear silicon on the edge of the vinyl to seal it and stop water getting under it. Once water is under it, its a pain in the arse to get out!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back