floor tiling over vinyl floor tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Experts,
I have a floor tiling question which I hope some of the wise may be able to give advice on. I have a concrete floor which has had vinyl floor tiles laid on it. I would like to put a ceramic floor tile floor down, is it possible to lay floor tiles over the top of these tiles or do I have to chip the vinyl tiles off and then lay the ceramic tiles? It's a big'ish area and I just don't want to have to chip the vinyl tiles off but if its the only way to go then I will have to. Any advice gratefully recieved.

John

Sponsored Links
The tiles would be best adhered to the concrete, if there are loose vinyl tiles or places where it's easy to get them up its a good indication that more may become loose and it's not a good base to be tiling onto.

Everyone has there own opinions, but for the sake of a few hours removing the vinyl tiles it's worth it for piece of mind.

Gob's

as above lift the exsisting mate,then lay your ceramics.

bal have an adhesive for jobs like this but i have never done it myself.

bal, single part fastflex...but again if you decide to use this i would advise you give their tech. line a call.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back