Tiling over previous vinyl tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Quick question, I am looking to tile my bathroom floor after I take up the vinyl floor tiles(previously new concrete floor) I remember I applied a couple of coats of priming/pva before I laid the vinyl floor tiles. Does the floor need any other preparation before I lay the tiles. Not sure the effect of the adhesive from the vinyl tiles on the floor will have on the tiles. Thanks

Sponsored Links
It'll be fine. Have a read of the tiling sticky.
I had a look at the sticky but there was no mention of tiling where there had previously been adhesive vinyl tiles, I have searched google to no avail. Don't want to tile and find they loosen within a few months. Thanks

It'll be fine. Have a read of the tiling sticky.
I had a look at the sticky but there was no mention of tiling where there had previously been adhesive vinyl tiles, I have searched google to no avail. Don't want to tile and find they loosen within a few months. Thanks

if you dont want tiles to loosen after a few months, do the job properly, if the vinyl is nice and flat, you have no problem

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back