Bathroom towel radiator help please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all weird one this.

Our hot water tank sprung a leak about a week ago and was replaced, none of the pipework apart from some of the fittings to the new tank has been changed but our bathroom radiator which is plumbed into the hot water no longer gets hot.

I have tried the following with the folowing results.

1: bleeding using the pin hole bleed screw.

result: no air only water and one of the feed pipes to the bottom of the rad gets warm.

2: removing the bleed nipple assy and fitting a threaded pipe with a piece of hoze on the end then opening the valves on the input / output line of the rad.

result: hot water flow like that from a gravity fed tank and a nice hot radiator, this worked with either feed line closed and the other open, when the drain pipe was removed, the plug re-fitted and the valves turned back on and the rad re bled the inital heat from the purge went again and the rad was back to being cold.

It isint a blocked radiator as I get definate flow and the heat is spread evenly with no cold or hot spots.

it isint blocked valves at either end of the rad as either one gives a decent flow of hot water.

I've tried my heating in every permitation ( sp ) of modes to see if there's somthing stoping the flow but again it remains cold.

Realy tearing my hair out with this one as is the plumber who fitted the new tank.

Any suggestions greatly apreciated and if you live in the newbury / thatcham area and reckon you can sort it then I'll cross your palm with silver as its driving me up the bloddy wall :(

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back