Bathroom UFH (yet again)

TCH

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
For the avoidance of doubt.

I'm about to install electric UFH to my bathroom.
I have direct access to the CU so can run a new spur.
Most controller instructions say I need an RCD.

Please confirm (or otherwise) that I can use the RCD in the CU and do not need to put another one near the ceiling outside of the bathroom.

Cheers,

Tim

Sponsored Links
If the RCD in the CU covers the new circuit then it will suffice as long as it is 30mA rated.
This work is notifiable.

• Thanks
Reactions: TCH
Thanks for the very quick response.
What I thought.

Yep, my house has been gutted and is being re-fitted so lots of electrical work which needs signing of. Borough surveyor comes around on a regular basis.

Sponsored Links
Rather hoping it'll warm the floor tiles to stop my Mrs getting cold feet.
If you also want the rest of her to be warm then install other forms of heating in the room. Otherwise she may give you the cold shoulder ;)

And you think that's a socially responsible use of electricity?

Ever heard of slippers/mats/flooring which is not cold to the touch?

Along with :-

Is Formula 1 a socially responsible use of precious fuel, are fair rides a socially responsible use of fuel.
This guy might not agree with or participate in any of the above, so are those that do as bad as him. Can he use his electricity for UFH if he doesn't encourage the other two ??
He might cycle to work and not drive as it's only a mile away ??

ban-all-sheds";p="2744617 said:

I'll plant a wind turbine to offset the enormous waste of leccy.

Is Formula 1 a socially responsible use of precious fuel, are fair rides a socially responsible use of fuel.
The only alternatives to those are no F1, no fairground rides etc.

If we could have F1 racing without using fuel then you would have a point, but we can't and therefore you don't.

The only alternative to no UFH is not to have cold feet, it's to use another method of avoiding that.

And as for commuting by bike, until we have a personal carbon allowance that's also irrelevant.

I was told that modern fuel efficient engines for every day cars was a spin off from Formula 1 designers getting the most distance and speed from minimum fuel load in the tank.

Thinks we must be getting off-topic a tad but, as always, great feedback and timely advice plus a good bit of banter.

----

Okay, hands up, I'm not an eco-hippy.

I work in London which is a 50 mile door-to-door trip taking 4 hours out of my life every day: I drive 12 miles to the station, then get a train, then bus or tube depending where I going. Can't even have a beer on the way home because of the drive.

Having the comfort of warm feet when getting up at stupid-o'clock is only a small addition to my size 20 carbon footprint ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back