Bathroom worktop

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The toilet need repairing so the plumber had to take off the worktop over it. This obviously should have been put on lightly but it had been glued down so firmly there was no alternative but to pull it off bit by bit javascript:emoticon(':cry:') It was a beautiful colour that went perfectly with the rest of the ensuite but is no longer made. Options seem to be black, cream or white - none of which look right. Do you think getting a piece of wood and painting it with gloss paint would look like a botched job?

Sponsored Links
Thanks Joe, I did look at kitchen worktops but they seem to be a lot thicker than the bathroom ones.

I'm pretty sure you can get 28 or 30mm worktop in various finishes. Try google or even good old ebay.

If you're tempted to fit kitchen worktop remember it's not moisture resistant, if that's a concern.

There's also a place in Rosyth which does splashback panels etc. Perhaps it'll do thin worktops. I'll try to find out the name of the place for you but it might take me a day or two.

Sponsored Links
Look on the... FORMICA...website and look under.. SWATCHES..to see if there is anythng there with regards to laminate, then go along to a good joinery workshop and ask if it possible to make some worktop up to your requirements.
All depends on what you want to spend, and what you want the job to look like.............:cool:

Thank you Alan. I went along to the big place in Rosyth this morning(it's called E.D.S.). In fact, that is where I got my original one but they only seem to do neutrally colours now.

Thank you Cane. Great suggestion but I think a little out of my price range. The saying 'you get what you pay for' is unfortunately true.

Hmm, looks like nobody is recommending painted gloss surface?

Well, thanks everyone. I've given up on the painted wood idea. Foxhole, I looked at end panels today but not much choice. I've googled and e-bayed for an hour and have decided to go back to Rosyth tomorrow and get a black one. Just want the job over and done with now!

The place I was meaning in Rosyth is Rearo. I'm not sure whereabouts in Rosyth they are but Google will probably be your friend.

Well, thanks everyone. I've given up on the painted wood idea. Foxhole, I looked at end panels today but not much choice. I've googled and e-bayed for an hour and have decided to go back to Rosyth tomorrow and get a black one. Just want the job over and done with now!
Hundred of types of finish available for kitchen unit panels.

Thanks Alan, I hadn't heard of Rearo and will bear it in mind for the future. Anyway, in the meantime I went back to IDS to get a black worktop aand ended up with a white sparkly one. It's was fitted yesterday and looks quite nice...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back