Gloss Oil Finish on Worktops

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

i have black oak wooden worktops in my new kitchen. These were oiled using Habiol. Great stuff lovely gloss finish which looked great with the darkwood. However my worktop providers supplier no longer stocks it and recommended a danish oil. Its virtually a matt finish and doesnt look good. Thank god i just treated a small sample.

Does anyone know where i can get some HABiol online, i cant find it anywhere. Lots of companies seem to recommend it, and i found a firm in Essex who have it but cant post it due to the fact its flammable so id have to pick it up and thats a round trip of 5 hours.

Alternatively anyone any suggestions of an alternative to give a nice glossy finish?

Looking for some guidance rather than wasting money on a few different types and having 4 different oils layered on my worktops.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Danish oil can give a gloss finsih if you use enough and polish it, if you have a matt finish more oil need applying.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back