Bathstore on brink of collapse - bath bargains soon?

Sponsored Links
Sad to see people lose their jobs, but not shocked they're going bust. Probably the worst quality in bathroom stuff I ever had the misfortune to buy. Uneven finish on the bath, a lopsided sink and a toilet that wasn't fit for purpose and had to be swapped - twice because it didn't sit flat on the floor. Oh, and nearly forgot to mention the soft-close lids where the fixings went rusty in a very short period of time and broke just after. I didn't bloomin **** on it, but toilets tend to be in bathrooms where there's water around with steam and flushing!

Ok, so maybe i won't buy their cheap stock then! New shower room is my next project.....

Ok, so maybe i won't buy their cheap stock then! New shower room is my next project.....
You may get a bargain... but personally I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole.
What I found amusing is when we bought the set (about 6 years ago), we then looked at their trustpilot reviews and the score was very low, hundreds of unhappy customers. I remember looking about six months later and it was then very high - I guess trustpilot received a large 'donation' to improve things for them :whistle:

Sponsored Links
Sad to see people lose their jobs, but not shocked they're going bust. Probably the worst quality in bathroom stuff I ever had the misfortune to buy. Uneven finish on the bath, a lopsided sink and a toilet that wasn't fit for purpose and had to be swapped - twice because it didn't sit flat on the floor. Oh, and nearly forgot to mention the soft-close lids where the fixings went rusty in a very short period of time and broke just after. I didn't bloomin **** on it, but toilets tend to be in bathrooms where there's water around with steam and flushing!

Your right. When pricing bathrooms I often tell the customer too keep clear of Bath store. Victoria Plumb and the DIY stores need avoidingg too.

They sell aqualisa Mira and other branded showers that are good stuff. You just need to know what's good and what to avoid.

Remember these type of companies trademark many "brand" names to make the product sound more genuine but they all lead back to their own brand cheap imported products.
Always go for proper brandnames where you can deal direct with the manufacturer.

I always steer my customers toward PlumBase or Dougfields, top end quality and if you haggle hard enough you can get a good discount.

Sponsored Links
Back