Bathtub wall tap issue (threads merged)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
View attachment 183994

Hi all,
I’ve recently purchased a property which has the hot and cold taps fitted on the wall. This is abit of a pain with being unable to access the taps whilst being in the bath. But the main thing bugging me is the wood surrounding the taps, I have no idea why the previous owner has done this, but I’m struggling like hell to find a panel like the shower taps in the picture or an alternative. Any suggestions would be a big help, thanks.

Sponsored Links
AB95B2E1-02A2-4BB5-80C6-EC7E2DAB87DD.jpeg

Hi all,
I’ve recently purchased a property which has the hot and cold taps fitted on the wall. This is abit of a pain with being unable to access the taps whilst being in the bath. But the main thing bugging me is the wood surrounded the taps, I have no idea why the previous owner has done this, but I’m struggling like hell to find a panel like the shower taps in the picture or an alternative. Any suggestions would be a big help, thanks.

Thanks for the suggestion, so the controls on the left control the shower head as seen and the waterfall shower above. I’m looking to find a similar panel that will fit the taps on the right hand side that has been surrounded by wood for some strange reason.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Sponsored Links
Sorry I moved this post to the plumbing forum just didn’t know how to remove this.
121C280B-30E1-4A82-BC45-721EECCAD7FA.jpeg

Thanks for the suggestion, so the controls on the left control the shower head as seen and the waterfall shower above. I’m looking to find a similar panel that will fit the taps on the right hand side that has been surrounded by wood for some strange reason.

And they’re definitely working taps, not just a feature?

Yea they work perfectly fine. I just want some ideas on what I could possibly replace the wood with, I’d want a similar metal plate like the shower taps have, but I can’t find one at all that would be ideal for that. Or anything that anyone can suggest to replace it. The taps run to this.
34C9F24A-FCC8-421F-B6B8-635C00E240A1.jpeg

Go onto Ebay - look up polished stainless steel plate - only place I've ever been able to find anything remotely like this.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back