Battens?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My 10sqm.Conservatory is cold. The floor is tiled and it is about 8cm below the house floor, which is a bit awkward at my age. I don't think the 2 dwarf walls have cavity insulation as I am getting mould on the inside. I have put a small amount of Insulation on the outside walls covered with Shiplap. I was thinking of putting down 50mm Floor insulation, then 18mm T&G OSB Boards, then sheet Vinyl. For the dwarf walls, 10mm insulation & 12mmm Shiplap, painted. A Carpenter says I should put battens down 1st.for the Floor but I wonder if this is necessary. Any ideas .......or suggestions.. please

Attachments

• IMG_4824.JPG
    IMG_4824.JPG
    337.7 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_4826.JPG
    IMG_4826.JPG
    387.4 KB · Views: 26
Sponsored Links
It isn't essential to use battens if you don't want to as you can lay the 50mm insulation and then an 18mm or 22mm chipboard floor as a floating floor where the boards are glued to each other but not fixed to any subfloor. Leave 10mm or so around the perimeter and once skirting boards, or in your case shiplap, are fitted they will cover the gap.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back