Battery stapler?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Outdoors, a stapler has become one of my most used tools and an electric corded Stanley stapler is a godsend for the wrists.

But our garden is large and dragging 50m extension leads around especially in mud or snow is a pain the backside.

Are there good battery equivalents out there for standard staples? All my battery kit is DeWalt so I was disappointed to find they don't seem to do this (though their nailguns look amazing), not sure where else to look.
Just after something that can handle staples and ideally tacks, not full on nails.

Sponsored Links
Dewalt have the DCFS950N-XJ its a fencing stapler - 9 Ga 4mm x 40/45/50mm. Or DCN681 for narrow crowns.

Ryobi do a much cheaper R18ST50-0 18V crown stapler 10mm x 6mm - 14mm which is more friendly size. You can also get a battery adapter for £20 to convert your DeWalt battery to Ryobi, but a full kit from Ryobi would still be much cheaper than any dewalt cordless.

Dewalt have the DCFS950N-XJ its a fencing stapler - 9 Ga 4mm x 40/45/50mm. Or DCN681 for narrow crowns.

Ryobi do a much cheaper R18ST50-0 18V crown stapler 10mm x 6mm - 14mm which is more friendly size. You can also get a battery adapter for £20 to convert your DeWalt battery to Ryobi, but a full kit from Ryobi would still be much cheaper than any dewalt cordless.
I'm not sure what a fencing stapler is exactly but at that price it's immaterial :) They do an electrician one too but these are all serious tools not a cordless version of your normal hand stapler.

I'll check out Ryobi, they have a decent enough reputation and as you say far cheaper. It's all well and good trying to avoid multiple battery systems but if it costs less to get a whole kit, might as well.

Have you considered a hammer stapler? No need for extension leads or battery packs :D.

Sponsored Links
Have you considered a hammer stapler? No need for extension leads or battery packs :D.
I've never used one but I get the impression it wouldn't be as powerful? And it makes precision work look somewhat tricky - stapling chicken wire for instance.

Not necessarily a bad option but the advantage of a powered one is my wife can use it quite happily, we've agreed she shouldn't use hammers as she tends to miss.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back