Batton walls for units or fasten to Bricks

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Before I slab and plaster my kitchen should I think about where the batons should go or should I not think about it and just fasten the units through the slabs into the blocks?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Personally, I'd really think about where units are going and put some wide battens in to fix the units to. Also a good time to think about electrics etc. Wall unit lighting, under unit lighting, extractor supply etc and run these before the wall is boarded. ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Thanks for the reply. I never even thought about wide batons! Doh... I was imagining putting up narrow ones in a kind of mad guess. :) Cheers!

Ive a bloke coming around to do the electric's and I'll move the pipes. Im taking down the old units now. Years of Someone else's grease on the top... urgh.

When I said wide battens, I did mean something like 3" wide battens placed horizontally between the uprights at the height where your wall unit brackets will be screwed to. ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Sponsored Links
Thanks!

I'm wondering,

If I want to put insulated plaster board onto the wall behind the units(its the gable wall/cavity block) should I cut the insulation so it fits over the batons, or should I nail the insulated board onto the batons? I was going to nail the board straight onto the wall, but now that baton situation has me a bit confused. :oops:

Id be afraid that nailing the insulated board onto the batons might negate the insulating effect of the board.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back