fastening 4x4 8ft fence post to brick wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am erecting a 8ft fence post 4" sq for a feathered fence. The one post will be secured to a low brick wall and 2 ft of the post will be in a hole held in by post concrete mix. So one side of post will be fastened to the wall.

I need to know what sort of fastener should be used baring in mind the fastener will be exposed above the cement mix.

Can anybody point me to a link what fastener I should use and what size please? I appreciate any input. Thanks :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
the concrete screws and the thunder bolts dont need plugs, just drill the hole the correct size and screw them in.

They need a high torque to get them in like an impact driver or if its only a couple then a ratchet will do. A normal drill driver may not cut it.

ok I will bare this in mind. They must be a relatively new invention as I have not come across them before.

What size would be best? Baring in mind the post is 4" thick and needs to be a fair bit into the brick.
I will countersink the head so it just falls beneath the post surface.

If its a 9'' brick wall then go for a 200mm, if its a cavity wall then a 175mm.

You probably need 4 for a 6ft post

It's a double brick wal around the garden. 2ft is going into the ground fixed in with post concrete mix. The fence will start from the wall so can't get the one side because of the wall so will fasten that side to wall. I think the maximum bolts that will fit is 2.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back