Batty

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
[url=http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml;jsessionid=NY2MEBRAQAZ0VQFIQMFCFGGAVCBQYIV0?xml=/news/2006/06/04/nbats04.xml&sSheet=/news/2006/06/04/ixuknews.html]LINK[/url] said:
.... Plans, buried in a Defra consultation paper published last month, have been attacked by MPs, property managers and countryside campaigners. Although bats are protected under current law, special exemptions allow householders to remove them from occupied living areas.
But under Defra's proposals, householders will have to seek a licence to remove bats or face a possible £5,000 fine or a six-month prison sentence. Farmers who want to remove bats or plough a field or harvest crops where dormice could be breeding will be forced to do the same. Licences will cost nothing but will take up to 30 days to process.

Previously, the Government has supported existing exemptions as "necessary to ensure legislative controls are proportionate", but Defra claims that change is needed to "provide further clarity" and bring Britain into line with European Union regulations....

I know what I would do if they were in our living area.

This sort of talk is quite annoying "...bring Britain into line with European Union regulations..."
I just wonder how many other EEC countries vigourously enforce the endless stream of laws and regulation .... Something wrong with all this.

Anyone know how the Pope did in his DPM interview with Tone the Bone.. ?
;)

Sponsored Links
Back