Baumatic Builtin Cooker Issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

Hopefully someone out there can give me some advice.
I have a Baumatic Built in cooker, possibly mode B180.

The cooker seems to have an issue with staying on! Its not the main supply because the LED clock stays on and the timer is still decreasing and the alarm will still go off.

The cooker shuts down, the fan stops and the power and temp LEDs go out. A gentle (sometime hard) tap on the left side of the front control panel usually gets it springing back in to action. Sometimes it will stay alive for a few seconds, sometimes its fine throughout the rest of the night. This is very frustrating as you can imagine (especially when the Roast is cooking).

Has anyone come across this issue and does anyone know enough about these control panels to tell me if its worth having a go and looking for a loose connection in the panel? I didn't want to do this if its unlikely to be this.

Rgds
Steve

Sponsored Links
On some cookers there is a thermal overload cutout somewhere on the inner casing panels. This may be the culprit. It is usually a small bakelite cylinder with a metal flange screwed to the appliance and has 2 spade terminals. To test it you can take off the wires and join them using a bit of stiff wire poked into the female spades.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back