Baumatic BWD12 washer dryer banging

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I got a BWD12 washer dryer to replace my previous one a couple of weeks ago. Pretty much since day one, it has been banging really loudly when on the rinse spin (and to a lesser extent on the full spin). I tried the usual - make sure it's level and stable, check for unbalanced load etc, but no joy.

I called an engineer out, and he took one look at it and said, "it's not level" and promptly left... great lot of help he was!!! I've got the machine about as level as it's ever going to be, but still the banging persists.

I'm not up with all the correct terminology, so please bear with me. The banging is a metal-on-metal sound, and when I look at the drum while it's doing this, it seems to be wobbling all over the place. It's nowhere near 'parallel' with the door, if that makes sense.

If anyone can help, that would be fantastic, but please explain all in layman terms! I'd have no problems opening up and having a look if anyone can clearly explain what I should be looking for. I really need to get this sorted as I live in a first-floor flat and I feel awful about the noise for all my neighbours!

Many many thanks in advance.

Matt

Sponsored Links
Matt,

Have you taken the transportation screws out from the back of the machine? The should be on the back panel of the machine maybe about 3 or 4 and generally they stop the drum from moving whilst in transit from the shop to your house. Pull the machine out and check the back of the machine. They are sometimes a different colour such as white or might even be marked as transit screws.

Yep, I took those out. Most of them came out pretty easily, but one dropped about halfway down and got stuck. It took a bit of rocking to get it to fall all the way out. Could I have dislodged something by doing this???

Just done a load, and the machine sounds like it's about to shake itself to destruction. help!

Get the engineer back and have a normal load of washing in (if possible weigh it) so that you can demonstrate the noise. If he tells you it's your floorboards or some such nonsense tell him the machine is unfit for its purpose.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the reply. When the engineer came the first time round, I did demonstrate the noise, but he just dismissed it as the machine being unlevel within a nanosecond. I got the distinct impression he had to be somewhere else pretty sharpish!

Is there anything I can look at without having to resort to another engineer visit? If I have to call an engineer, I'll no doubt have to wait another week for him to show up, and will have to take more time off work to be at my flat.

Any advice gratefully received.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back