Baumatic dishwasher problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Can someone help please? My son's dishwasher recently dipalyed error code 4, which I understand to be an overfill issue. I took the dishwasher out and tipped it over to empty out the excess water, and then started the thing up again. This time there was an error code 2, which is supposedly something to do with the height of the drain, but I have dismissed this as the machine has always drained ok in the past. I've had a look at the back of the machine while it is switched on and it seems as though the pump is running but no water is getting into the machine. Any advice will be sincerely appreciated as I am about ready to throw the thing out onto the garden. Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Error 4 is overfilling & error 2 is no drain.
If your pump is running continuously but no water is entering the machine then you probably have a leak onto the base plate & it has activated the anti-flood device. Lean the machine back & check if water runs off the base plate (have something ready to mop it up). Then see if it starts & fills...if it does you need to track down the source of the leakage.

Thanks for reply. I have tried tipping machine over and all the water has drained out. I think maybe the anti flood device may be stuck. Any idea how I might locate it, to either free it up, repair it or whatever.
Regards
Ted

No manufacturers drawings so I can only offer you generic information. The anti-flood device is mounted in the bottom of the machine & the float element part of it rests on or very close to the base plate (for obvious reasons). There is a micro-switch on top which activates when the float element rises. Once you look in there you'll see what I mean, it can't be mistaken for any other component. You may be lucky & find that your dishwasher has a removable base plate, in that case just lie the machine on its back & remove it to get access. If not then you will probably have to remove the side plates (or front plate) to get at it. Normally these devices are reliable.....they rarely malfunction.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the information, I will have a look to make sure it is working ok.
Thanks again
Ted

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back