Baxi 100 HE System Plus

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had this Boiler installed about 9 years ago. It has been one problem after another over the last three winters. This year the fan and gas valve have been replaced.
I have noticed that every so often the boiler ignites with quite a bang, other times with a more gentle whoomph.
Any ideas or I am I being overly sensitive.

Regards,
Colin 5705.

Sponsored Links
Various issues. Burner if gauze,,holed. If ceramic,,,,separates. Electrodes poor. All qualifyed engineer stuff.

Bet it's a blocked sump through lack of proper servicing. Definitely absolutely 100% not something you can do yourself.

Sponsored Links
Sorry for the delay in replying, other things have been happening.

Thank you for the quick response. The boiler seems to have settled down. I have been thinking about having it replaced because of the problems over the last three winters. Prices are coming in at about £2000 2500, which might be fair for a new boiler but expensive if it does'nt really need to be changed. Looks like I will let it run for a couple of months and then decide.

Regards,
Colin5705

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back