Baxi 105 HE hot water problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, can anyone advise me on a problem I seem to have with my Baxi 105 HE combi boiler please.
The domestic hot water system works fine whilst the hot taps are on full blast, but as soon as they are turned down slightly to reduce the flow, the water goes cold very quickly. if you then turn them back on full, there is a considerable delay, until the water gets hot again.
When standing near the boiler whilst the hot water system is being used, there seems to be a lot of noise like air going through the system, I don't know if this is of any significance. I have searched through the archives, but cannot find anything along the same lines.
The central heating works fine, the pressure on the gauge is healthy and doesn't drop, the only other thing I notice is that the boiler seems to cut in and out quite a lot during the night, and rattling can be heard in the pipe work .
Thanks in advance, Neil.

Sponsored Links
Thanks, you were spot on, I followed the manual and stripped the differential valve, there was a hole in the diaphragm. Less than £4.oo for a new one from ebay, and it's working perfectly again. Neil.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back