Baxi 105e – Singing Assembly valve again

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In December last year my boiler started to sing so following advice on the forum I replaced the 2 o-rings in the 3 way assembly valve. I replaced the rubber o-rings on the DHW push rod & the CH push rod. This instantly stopped the high pitch noise. I had the left overs of an overhaul kit from when I fixed a leak on the value form the HW chamber previously, some forum comments suggested there are 3 o-rings but I could only see 2! The only thing I did not replace was the nut the HW pushrod comes through.

At the same time I cleaned the heat exchanger to resolve the hot water going cold, hot, cold etc issue. So the noise had stopped & the hot water was staying hot.

However last week the hot water hot, cold, hot issue started coming back but seems to have resided again now but I’m not totally convinced. And this week the singing is back!!

The 3 way assembly valve singing starts just after you turn the HW tap off, there is a small squeak from the valve followed by a constant high pitch moaning. The high pitch noise does not always follow but 8/10 times it does plus the noise only occurs when the HW has been used whilst the CH pump is working.

The bolier runs between

Does anyone know why the noise stopped for 1 month but has now come back? I’m assuming it due to the build-up of pressure overtime but the boiler runs between about 0.8 – 1.5 bar. Is there something else I need to replace?

I’m thinking of taking the valve apart again or even just buy a new one but they’re not cheap!

Any ideas would be really appreciated as the noise is not exactly popular at home!

Thanks
Adam

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back