Baxi 105e drip (part 2!)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi again.

My combi is still dripping when you use the hot water. I've changed the diaphragm in the hot water differential valve and the little o ring on the push rod but that didn't make any difference.
I stripped it down again and noticed that the water is coming pass the tip of the pushrod that is left facing you when you've removed the DHW differential valve. ie the pushrod that's in the diverter manifold.

Is it worth changing the central heating diaphragm that screws on top of the diverter manifold? Can the the diverter be dismantled to get to that little pushrod thing!?

Any help much appreciated

Cheers Zeb.

Sponsored Links
He is talking about the end gland seal on the manifold.

Evidently that is leaking. Its system water so the system pressure will go down. Its caused by dirt in the system water presumably because it was not flushed properly when it was installed.

If you can find the part on its own then you can change it.

Tony

Quickest option is to fit a new 3 way valve assembley (248062).
E-mail my profile i have one in stock mrp £88.58 + vat.
£40.00 to you

Sponsored Links
Just a further note i have a reconditioned diff valve you can have that as well :D

Poxi

The new diverter sounds brill. Your email isn't available on your profile, try me on mine.

Cheers Zeb

As jason said change gland nut, takes only a minute and as part of service kit costs less £15 instead of changing unnecassery entire valve

namsag said:
As jason said change gland nut, takes only a minute and as part of service kit costs less £15 instead of changing unnecassery entire valve
I apologise if i misread the OP post but it was my understanding that it is leaking from the pushrod in the diverter valve that operates the hot water diff and not from the diaphragm housings which as you say would require just a new gland nut.

Its leaking pass the pushrod in the diverter valve. The tip of this touches the one in the HW differential valve.

Zeb

Dahlings it's so pink it's magenta
Baxi-diverter2-.gif

Ordering a few spares... the pink bit doesn't come in a Baxi repair kit so it would mean a whole DV section.
Unless someone has a part number...?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back