Baxi 105e drip

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I fitted my baxi 105e about 3 years ago. Unfortunately its started to leak only when you use the hot water. The drip comes out of a little hole on the side of the Diverter manifold, above and below it are two grub screws.

I've looked through the service instructions and these show diaphragms in the diverter and diff valve would it be one of these leaking? Or is it something else?

I'm fairly good with a spanner so is it worth having a go myself or is it a job for a pro?

Any advice much appreciated,

Cheers Zeb.

Sponsored Links
Zebsport said:
I've looked through the service instructions and these show diaphragms in the diverter and diff valve would it be one of these leaking? Or is it something else?

Fit new Diaphragm kits they are readily available for both the hot water and primary diffs.

As long as all the water is drained out (primary and secondary) then there is no reason why you cant do it yourself.

If you get stuck you can always ask for help on here

A leak at that point can be system water or fresh water.

If the pressure is going down then the front gland needs changing. This will have occured because the installer failed to clean the system properly and it will happen again later.

If the system pressure is NOT falling then its mains water leaking from the shaft seal on the hydraulic diaphragm unit. This is a tiny seal and quite easy to change if only you can get one!

Tony Glazier

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back