Baxi 105e leaking from grub screw hole

Hello finally got round to replacing the parts . I don't have any leaks but the pump now sounds different (more of a hissing sound ) . Could this be air in the pump ?
yep place an old towel under the pump and turn the large screw on the front a 1/4 turn until all the air is out then close again

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
1 last thing , just noticed my pressure gauge has dropped 0.2 bar over night since replacing the parts and refilling the boiler. There is no visible leaks anywhere , could this just be trapped air escaping ?

1 last thing , just noticed my pressure gauge has dropped 0.2 bar over night since replacing the parts and refilling the boiler. There is no visible leaks anywhere , could this just be trapped air escaping ?
yes, the pressure will change when the boiler is running but shouldnt fluctuate too much

Sorry to be so much trouble but I have one more question . My pump is much better than it was but still slightly noisey . The gas engineer at work suggested I take the pump screw out completely to get all the air out ! . I'm assuming this would be madness as water would fly everywhere , am I correct ?

No, you'll get a dribble. If air present a hiss and a dribble. Then replace screw.

Protect your PCB! Towels/clingfilm.

No, you'll get a dribble. If air present a hiss and a dribble. Then replace screw.

Protect your PCB! Towels/clingfilm.

is that not why the auto air vent is fitted to that pump body?

Would the autovent eventually get the air out by itself ?
That is what it is there for but all makes are really cheap crap, they either leak or stick, the air will move itself eventually when the heating is on , better to let it out thrugh the shaft screw as you have done

Hi I've just changed a radiator + drained the system down to do it . I've also got air I'm my pump now and I can't get it out . I've tried opening the pump screw but the air won't come out ! Any other ideas ?

yes start your own thread instead of Hi-jacking an old one , which is against site rules

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back