Help please for newbie? Baxi 105E!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, please help, I have just forked out £405 to get my Baxi 105e to stop leaking and guess what, its still leaking!
Plumber had to change the logic control board as it blew and the pressure diff assembly but it is still leaking. The leak seems to be coming from the a small hole into the next piece..the manifold?? This hole I think should contain a small grub screw? I think there should be three grub screws one at 12 oclock, one at 4 oclock(this one is mising) and one at 8 oclock. Could it be the plumber forgot to put back in a small grub screw and this is the cause of the leak or might it be something more serious, help I'm broke already from his first bill!

Sponsored Links
you have employed a plumber to " stop your boiler leaking"

your boiler is still leaking

get him back to complete repair

There are only 2 x grub screws fitted between the div valve and the pressure diff valve. Get him back to do it properly

Sponsored Links
There are only 2 x grub screws fitted between the div valve and the pressure diff valve. Get him back to do it properly

Hiya guys, Im sure there are 3 grub screws, are you saying it is possible the leak is coming from here as this does appear to be were the water is coming from?

Hiya guys, Im sure there are 3 grub screws, are you saying it is possible the leak is coming from here as this does appear to be were the water is coming from?

The leak will be coming from the gland nut behind the prssure diff valve where the diverter spindle comes through. where the grub screws are located isnt a wet part. There are usually 2 screws on opposite sides of the valve but 4 holes.

The leak will be coming from the gland nut behind the prssure diff valve where the diverter spindle comes through. where the grub screws are located isnt a wet part. There are usually 2 screws on opposite sides of the valve but 4 holes.

Ahh, thanks for that. I thought it might have been something as simple as a missing grub screw. So...does this then require a new diverter valve, if so what kind of money might I be looking to spend? Thanks for all your help here by the way.

What did he replace for £405. At worst its a new diverter assembly, At best a new gland seal.

What did he replace for £405. At worst its a new diverter assembly, At best a new gland seal.

He replaced the logic board as it blew and pressure diff assembly! It still leaks though but not in the same place, leaks through one of the grub screw holes.

reread petitpablo's post. Answer is there.
Leak is not on grubscrew hole, that is simply where it is showing. Leak is no doubt on gland seal of spindle. Don't know if repairable? New diverter valve req'd if not.

leak must be from one of two places

Is the pressure going down on the gauge? if so, front seal of Div valve regs changing (Vokera Maxin fits)

If not showing on gauge, leaking O ring at back of Dia housing, O ring is in the Dia kit for ther boiler.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back