Baxi 105e Diverter Manifold Grub Screw - water leaking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a Baxi 105e (pile of pap) boiler. Water is leaking from one of the grub screws that connect the diverter manifold to the Pressure differential valve. Its only dripping but if I increase the pressure by adding water to the system then the dripping increases, Im having to top the pressure up every day as there is too much water leaking. I fitted a new diaphram to the Pressure differential valve recently, adding silicon grease etc. I dont have anything else I could comment on other then the water is off coloured suggesting that its from the CH. What could the problem be and how can I fix it Cheers.

Sponsored Links
It's a worn seal in the diverter valve. All the bits are available, solution depends what you find when you have it in bits.
Not a bad boiler at all, compared with some.

Do you think its most likely the diaphram again then or a different worn seal. P.S if i take the whole thing apart will i need to drain the system off before doing so or will shutting off the valves be enought Cheers for the advice.

The seal behind the pressure diff valve is leaking and can be replaced.
Heres a rough guide as to how to. There is a seal kit available. The valves on these boilers are usually ok after turning off and on again. Seal kit 760 is what you want.View media item 31064

Sponsored Links
The boiler's likely to be old enough now that other bits in there will have deteriorated. Have a look while you're there..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back