diverter valve leak?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When the hot water is running on my Potterton performa 28 there is a leak through the grub screw holes at the back of the differential valve assembly.Any suggestions as to the trouble.Do I buy a new unit or manifold kit?????
Is this water coming from the diverter valve or the Diverter manifold?

Sponsored Links
Is its a 28 or a 28i?

The leak is most likely to be from the diverter spindle. The diff valve tends to leak from the front.

Potterton dont do a repair kit and will sell you an entire valve. However, assumng your boiler is performa 28 then the service kit from an alpha 240 will fit as the valve is identical.

Is its a 28 or a 28i?

The leak is most likely to be from the diverter spindle. The diff valve tends to leak from the front.

Potterton dont do a repair kit and will sell you an entire valve. However, assumng your boiler is performa 28 then the service kit from an alpha 240 will fit as the valve is identical.

THanks.Excellentreply.AllI need is a website to order.One with pictures wouldbe good

Sponsored Links
Is its a 28 or a 28i?

It is a 28.Another question if you don,tmind....will I need totake the whole manifoldout to use the kit?

No you can undo the front from the diverter with it in situ, just remove the hw diff valve first.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back